July 10th by SkyGateAdmin 0 0
Creating engaging and effective content on social media is one of the biggest challenges for business owners. The secret to success lies in 10 basic principles.
1. Have a Conversation: Your followers want to be spoken to by human beings, not robots so do your best to make up for the lack of face-to-face interaction online and really get on their level.
2. Tell a Story: Never underestimate the power of storytelling, especially on social media. Walking your audience through the history of your business or brand and how it came to be is a great way to create a personal post (and is sure to get lots of great engagement!). People love hearing stories, and the people that follow your page will be excited to hear yours.
3. Give Your Followers a Reason to Engage: The goal with encouraging engagement on social media is to put yourself in your followers’ shoes and ask yourself these questions…Does the piece of content spark an emotion? Does it give the viewer a much needed relief from everyday life? Remember: Engagement is not always about self-promotion.
4. Be Mindful of the 4-1-1 Rule: this rule of proportions states that for every six social media posts, four should curate information from other relevant sites, one should be a personal piece you’ve created yourself, and one should be a high-value piece to promote your business or brand.
5. Think Positive: The use of positive and inviting language is infinitely more likely to draw in the viewer than negative vibes. Remember to stay upbeat and steer clear of words that could turn off your audience.
6. Remember to K-I-S-S (Keep it Simple, Stupid): Studies show that longer posts get very little engagement on social media. So, keep it brief and concise, and let image, video, or link do the storytelling for you!
7. Ask Yourself: Is it Sharable? In the fast-paced and ever-changing state of social media today, if your content is not shareable, it simply won’t get very far so make sure you know your audience and how likely they will share the video
8. Use Visuals to Enhance Your Message: image posts and video posts tend to get much higher engagement rates on social.
9. Know How To Properly Curate: Content curation not only takes care of several roadblocks in creating authentic content, but it also establishes your business as an expert in your field. Properly curating content from outside sources will make your Facebook page or Twitter feed a destination for information.
10. Keep it Timely. Stay current! Try to plan your posts around big events happening in your town. If you are linking to an article in a post, make sure the article was written in the last couple years (i.e. not an article from 2007) to keep the information fresh. If you are using a management tool to pre-schedule content, make sure that posts you are scheduling for the future are either timely for that date or evergreen (i.e. can be used anytime).
Creating content for your social media accounts is an ongoing battle. However, once you’ve developed a clear strategy, you’ll be able to publish fresh content with ease. If you are stuck on what to post on your business page, reading this will hopefully give you some new ideas and direction. Read on!